Achieve clarity in writing
Based on 20 years of experience and having trained over 3,000 writers and subject matter experts, we offer the following services to help you successfully implement your content quality strategy:
- Technical Writer Training Courses, as this helps writers better understand and apply the concept of clarity in writing, and achieve up to 40% reduction in words.
- Dictionary Building Services. One of the key principles of clarity in writing is the use of clear and consistent terminology across your (global) writing team, as having different writers use different words with the same meaning (or the same words with different meanings) causes confusion and can negatively affect your branding.
- Content Strategy Consultancy, to help you achieve your goals through roadmaps, KPIs and milestones
Boon Edam, Entrance Solutions
Technical Writer Training Courses
As part of an STE implementation, Etteplan offers a variety of technical writing and Certified Simplified Technical English training courses, including:
- Onsite and online training courses
- Courses as part of an HyperSTE implementation
- Open training courses from any of our offices
These training courses take 2 days, during which you will learn how and why to create content in a clear and concise way. Upon request, we can provide a course overview.
Etteplan is currently the only company that holds an ASD Certified Train-the-Trainer certificate from the Uninettuno University.
Our training courses are highly valued by our customers, have a look at some testimonials here.
Schlumberger, Oil & Gas
Dictionary Building Services
The use of clear and consistent terminology is of high importance when creating high-quality technical documentation. As such, it will be necessary to build a dictionary that contains company and industry-specific terminology that is standardized, which means one word can only have one meaning.
Etteplan provides the following services in this field:
- Data mining services, to extract terms and sentences for analysis
- Linguistic & statistical analysis
- Review to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Dictionary building: a review of the terminology list will result in one or more dictionaries with approved and non-approved terms that will also serve as a basis for any translations. This will reduce translation costs but will also improve the quality of translations. Dictionaries are used by HyperSTE to provide technical content writers with guidance and quality control on company terminology.
For a complete overview of implementation steps, please visit this page.
Content Strategy Consultancy
Following an HyperSTE implementation or technical writing training course, Etteplan offers additional support services that include:
- Helping you create a road map and milestones for cost and time savings as a result of using HyperSTE
- Helping you create and manage your workflow for (technical) writing, create awareness and set expectations
- Assisting technical authors with applying the writing rules to help (further) improve their writing
- Setting up a quality assurance process for technical writing
For an overview of implementation steps, please visit this page.