Professional Implementation Services
In addition to using HyperSTE to check your content, authors need to receive training on the STE writing rules and you need to standardize on your company-specific terminology. Based on close to 20 years of experience and having trained over 3,000 technical writers and SMEs, we offer these services:
- Technical Writer Training Courses for authors to learn how to write clear, concise and consistent technical documentation
- Dictionary Building Services, to standardize on company and industry terms across all technical publications
- Content Strategy Consultancy, to help you achieve your goals through roadmaps and milestones as part or regardless of a content strategy
Boon Edam, Revolving Doors & Security Barriers
Technical Writer Training Courses
Etteplan offers a variety of technical writing and Simplified Technical English training courses, including:
- Onsite and online training courses
- Courses as part of an HyperSTE implementation
- Open training courses from our offices
These training courses take two days and can be given onsite or from any of our offices, during which technical authors and subject matter experts will learn how and why to create content in a clear and concise way.
Our trainers have more than 18 years of experience in providing training in STE and good writing practices and have trained over 3,000 authors worldwide representing a wide range of industries. Upon request, we can provide a course overview.
Our training courses are highly valued by our customers, have a look at some of the testimonials here.
Schlumberger, Oil & Gas
Dictionary Building Services
The use of clear and consistent terminology is of high importance when creating high-quality technical documentation. As such, it will be necessary to build a dictionary that contains company and industry-specific terminology that is standardized, which means one word can only have one meaning.
Etteplan provides the following services in this field:
- Data mining services
- Linguistic & statistical analysis
- Review to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Dictionary building: a review of the terminology list will result in one or more dictionaries with approved and non-approved terms that will also serve as a basis for any translations. This will reduce translation costs but also improve the quality of translations. Dictionaries are used by HyperSTE to provide technical content writers with guidance and quality control on company terminology.
Content Strategy Consultancy
Following an HyperSTE implementation or technical writing training course, Etteplan offers additional support services that include:
- Creating a road map and milestones for cost and time savings as a result of using HyperSTE
- Finalizing a customer-specific implementation plan, that describes how HyperSTE should be used in the technical writing process
- Assisting technical authors with applying the writing rules to their documentation
- Setting up a quality assurance process for technical authoring