We help authors create the best possible technical documentation
Vacon (Danfoss Drives) – AC Drives
“After Etteplan’s modernization we have received nothing but positive feedback and have seen some great business results.”
Pasi Savola, Director, Head of Technical Communication at Danfoss Drives
Etteplan provides a full range of professional STE implementation services to help technical content writers create the best possible technical documentation, while saving cost in the meantime.
Our professional STE services include:
- Training courses for authors to learn how to write clear, concise and consistent technical documentation
- Dictionary building, to standardize on company and industry terms across all technical publications
- Post-training support, either following an HyperSTE implementation or technical writing training course
- Etteplan STE allows you to outsource your technical writing needs to save time and money while increasing productivity
For more information on our full range of technical publication services and solutions, please visit:
STE Technical Writing Training
Etteplan offers a variety in STE training courses, including:
- Onsite and online training courses
- Courses as part of an HyperSTE implementation
- Open training courses from our offices
These training courses take two days and can be given onsite or from any of our offices, during which technical authors and subject matter experts will learn how and why to create content in a clear and concise way.
Our trainers have more than 17 years of experience in providing STE and good writing practices training, and have trained over 2,500 authors worldwide representing a wide range of industries. Upon request, we can provide a course overview.
The use of clear and consistent terminology is of high importance when creating high quality technical documentation. As such, it will be necessary to build a dictionary that contains company and industry specific terminology that is standardized, which means one word can only have one meaning.
Etteplan provides the following services in this field:
- Data mining services
- Linguistic & statistical analysis
- Review to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Dictionary building: a review of the terminology list will result in one or more dictionaries with approved and non-approved terms that will also serve as a basis for any translations. This will reduce translation cost but also improve the quality of translations. Dictionaries are used by HyperSTE to provide technical content writers with guidance and quality control on company terminology.
Following an HyperSTE implementation or technical writing training course, Etteplan offers additional support services that include:
- Assisting technical authors with applying the writing rules to their documentation
- Finalizing a customer-specific implementation plan, that describes how HyperSTE should be used in the technical writing process
- Setting up a quality assurance process for technical authoring
- Creating a road map and milestones for cost and time savings as a result of using HyperSTE
For more information, please contact us today.