We help authors create the best possible technical documentation
Vacon (Danfoss Drives) – AC Drives
“After Etteplan’s modernization we have received nothing but positive feedback and have seen some great business results.”
Pasi Savola, Director, Head of Technical Communication at Danfoss Drives
Etteplan provides a full range of professional services to help technical content writers create the best possible technical documentation, while saving cost in the meantime.
Professional services include:
- Training courses for authors to learn how to write clear, concise and consistent technical documentation
- Dictionary building, to standardize on company and industry terms across all technical publications
- Post-training support, either following an HyperSTE implementation or technical writing training course
- Etteplan STE allows you to outsource your technical writing needs to save time and money while increasing productivity and precision
For more information on our full range of technical publication services and solutions, please visit:
Technical Writing Training
Etteplan offers training courses in the following forms:
- As part of an HyperSTE implementation
- Closed training courses
- Open training courses
These training courses, which usually take place at the customer site, can also be provided from any of our Etteplan offices, take two days, during which technical content writers will learn how and why to create in a clear and consice way.
Our trainers have more than 15 years of experience in providing STE and good writing practices training. Upon request, we can provide a more detailed resume of one of our trainers.
The use of clear and consistent terminology is critical in creating high quality technical documentation. It is necessary to build a dictionary that contains company and industry specific terminology that is standardized, which means one word has only one meaning.
Etteplan provides the following services in this field:
- Linguistic & statistical analysis
- Review to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Dictionary building: review of the terminology list will result in one or more dictionaries with approved and non-approved terms that will also serve as a basis for any translations. This will reduce translation cost and improve the quality of translations. Dictionaries are used by HyperSTE to provide technical content writers with guidance and quality control.
Following an HyperSTE implementation or technical writing training course, Etteplan offers additional support services that include:
- Assist technical authors with applying the writing rules to their documentation
- Finalize a customer-specific implementation plan, that describes how HyperSTE should be used in the technical writing process regarding tools and roles
- Set up a quality assurance process for technical authoring
- Create a roadmap and milestones for cost and time savings as a result of using HyperSTE
For more information, please contact us today.
Etteplan STE is a technical publication service combining the proven method for content quality in technical authoring with our advanced HyperSTE software to produce high-quality English content for technical documentation. The value of the rewriting service is based on improved precision of language, better readability of text and reduced word count that can result in up to 40% cost savings in translation and localization costs. The user benefits from easy-to-understand and unambiguous technical materials that enhance clarity and product safety.
Many customers including Philips, Electrolux, Rolls-Royce, Air France | KLM and Elekta have benefited from Etteplan STE.
For more information on how Etteplan STE can help you with your technical documentation needs, please contact us today.